Syndicating options

Commercial property syndicates give investors options and risks they might not otherwise have access to – but they do come with risks.

Radical reform for Wellington housing

Wellington’s approach to housing development will get a major shake up after the city council unanimously voted in favour of proposed changes today.

Migration may have peaked

The inflow of migration into New Zealand slowed in August with the annual net total down on previous months, according to the latest Statistics New Zealand data.

Manukau City - Hidden Jewel in Randwick

$695,000 Set down a quiet cove in Randwick Park, this three-bedroom 130sqm brick and tile home will appeal to home buyers and investors alike. The property offers generous bedrooms, open plan living, a north facing...
More Investment Gems »

Rents surge for urban living options

Changing mindsets mean apartment, townhouse and unit rents have skyrocketed by 6.3% year-on-year to a...

The Auckland housing crisis - not even half the numbers

Auckland Housing Summit organiser, Leonie Freeman, crunches the city's housing numbers to get a progress...

Election 2017: the housing round up

It’s been a dramatic election campaign this year, with National and Labour now racing neck and neck...

Sales down but life in market

Property sales nationwide were down by 20% year-on-year in August, new data shows – but some say there...

Ask an expert

Investing in Queensland
“I am looking at investing in Queensland. I am new to this but I am wondering: can I set up a loan in Australia or do I need to get a loan from a New Zealand bank? Also, can you help me around some information about stamp duty in Queensland when purchasing property. ...”
Our expert Kris Pedersen responds »

Repairs & rent reductions
“Our tenants moved in in July. There was a dampness in a room due to leakage in the shower. A plumber fixed the leakage in front of the tenants at the time they moved in. We provided a dehumidfier but the tenants hardly use it so that their power bill doesn't get too high. On the weekend my husband went to access the...”
Our expert Allan Galloway responds »

Sub-let carpet worry
“I sublet a room in a shared flat last year. In the dining room a friend dropped a tiny splash of coffee on the carpet. Unfortunately, in our attempt to clean it up the carpet developed a huge yellow circle a lot bigger than the original stain. We attempted to clean it several times before discovering online that with old...”
Our expert Myles Noble responds »

Data Section

Market rental information

From month
To month
Area & dwelling details (up to five)
Graph Style

See also: Residental Dwelling Sales statistics »

Site by PHP Developer