Strand apartment bid on hold

Thursday 27 May 2004

The controversial application to build an apartment block on Takapuna Beach is on hold because the North Shore City Council wants more information.

By The Landlord

The council's communications adviser, Paul Higgins, says the application to build a four-storey building at 33 The Strand is waiting for more details on tissues like traffic engineering, landscaping and building design.

Council officers have requested the extra information, Mr Higgins says.

The Wessim Trust Partnership has applied to remove the existing building at 33 The Strand and replace it with a modern four-storey building of three executive apartments.

Read More - Opens in a new window
Commenting is closed

House Prices

House price drops are short-lived - Alexander

Periods of house price decline are rare and "short-lived", says economist Tony Alexander, amid forecasts of a drop of 10%-15% this year.

Commercial

Resilience needed in face of change

The Reserve Bank says the commercial property sector is vulnerable to the Covid-19 crisis. But PMG Funds' chief executive believes that while there’ll be short-term pain, the biggest long-term impact will be structural change.

Mortgages

Mortgage lending slumps to record low in April

Mortgage lending fell to its lowest level on record last month as the property market ground to a halt during the Covid-19 lockdown.

Site by PHP Developer