Where can I get advice about insulation?

Question from Dave updated on 13th March 2009:

Where can I find the details about the landlord subsidy for insulation?

Our expert Jeff Montgomery responded:

The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) provides information about energy efficiency. It is currently offering landlords a subsidy of at least 60% on the cost of retrofitting a full house with insulation and other energy-efficiency measures for any of their rental properties occupied by low-income tenants, where certain criteria are met. For more information about the subsidy, visit www.eeca.govt.nz

EECA’s Energywise website provides extensive information about energy efficiency - see www.energywise.govt.nz.

You can also call 0800 388 588 or email energyadvice@sustaintrust.org.nz for more information.

The Smarter Homes website, www.smarterhomes.org.nz contains information about sustainable home design, building and lifestyle options. You’ll find advice about making your home warmer, drier, healthier and kinder to the environment.

The Department of Building and Housing provides information and guidance on building law and compliance, services including weathertight homes, and advice for tenants and landlords.



Search the Ask an Expert archive

Browse all questions in the Ask An Expert Archive »

Site by PHP Developer