Where can I find info about the landlord subsidy for insulation?

Question from Dave updated on 16th April 2009:

Where can I find details of the govt`s landlord subsidy for home insulation. Thanks.

Our expert Jeff Montgomery responded:

The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) provides information about energy efficiency, and is currently offering landlords a subsidy of at least 60% on the cost of retrofitting a full house with insulation and other energy-efficiency measures for any of their rental properties occupied by low-income tenants.

To be eligible to receive the subsidy, several criteria must be met. To view these criteria, and for more information about the subsidy, visit www.eeca.govt.nz

The Energywise website provides extensive information about energy efficiency. You can visit the Energywise website at www.energywise.govt.nz. You can also get answers to your queries about energy efficiency by calling 0800 388 588 or by emailing energyadvice@sustaintrust.org.nz

The Smarter Homes website, www.smarterhomes.org.nz contains information about sustainable home design, building and lifestyle options. You’ll find advice about making your home warmer, drier, healthier and kinder to the environment.

The Department of Building and Housing provides information and guidance on building law and compliance, services including weathertight homes, and advice for tenants and landlords.




Search the Ask an Expert archive

Browse all questions in the Ask An Expert Archive »

Site by PHP Developer