Water standards

Question from brad updated on 27th January 2020:

I understand that as a landlord I am required to provide potable water in the kitchen. I’m curious as to what level of filtration from a tank supply is required by law to meet the potable standard.

Our expert Bernard Parker responded:

I suggest that you contact your local authority to enquire about water quality standards. Also, you may like to contact a local water filter supplier to obtain advice and a quote for supply of an appropriate domestic water filter.

Bernard is principal of Quinovic – Kapiti-Mana. Quinovic's outstanding people and systems provide the most professional, effective and reliable residential property management service in the NZ market for over 30 years.

Search the Ask an Expert archive

Browse all questions in the Ask An Expert Archive »

Site by PHP Developer