Splitting power

Question from Maggie updated on 22nd April 2015:

I share a power meter with the flat next door and want to split it off to my property. How can I do this?

Our expert Juliet Robinson responded:

There are two ways of doing this. A separate feed for your property is the “elegant” solution. You can contact your electricity supplier and arrange to have an additional meter installed. However, if you wish to separate only the charging, your electrician may be able to install a “check” meter that accounts for the electricity usage within a section of a property without going the full way towards separating the supply to the two properties.

Quinovic's outstanding people and systems provide the most professional, effective and reliable residential property management service in the NZ market for over 22 years.

Search the Ask an Expert archive

Browse all questions in the Ask An Expert Archive »

Site by PHP Developer