How do I wind up my LAQC?

Stan asks:
(updated on Thursday, November 18th 2010)

Now that the budget is over, I want to wind up my 2 LAQC's. How difficult is this?

Our Experts Answer:

It's fair to say that they are easier to establish than they are to get rid of. You will need to dispose of the properties then enter into a voluntary solvent liquidation. There is a procedure to follow to achieve this which includes filing the final tax return and gaining the IRD's consent to the liquidation. The IRD will generally need the following:

  • Date the company intends to wind up
  • Reason for windup
  • Year of final return
  • Date final return filed
  • Details of assets and what will happen to them
  • Detail of any assets transfered to shareholders at below Market Value
  • Actions towards outstanding returns or debts
  • Contact person for future matter.

Once this is gained you can apply to the companies office for strike off.

Mark Withers and his team at Withers Tsang & Co specialise in advising on property related transactions, valuation and restructure services and tax planning.


Heartland Bank - Online 1.99
Kainga Ora - First Home Buyer Special 2.25
HSBC Premier 2.25
Westpac Special 2.29
TSB Special 2.29
BNZ - Classic 2.29
ASB Bank 2.29
ANZ Special 2.29
Kiwibank Special 2.35
ICBC 2.45
SBS Bank Special 2.49
Heartland Bank - Online 2.35
HSBC Premier 2.35
ICBC 2.45
TSB Special 2.49
SBS Bank Special 2.59
BNZ - Classic 2.59
ASB Bank 2.59
China Construction Bank Special 2.65
Kiwibank Special 2.65
The Co-operative Bank - Owner Occ 2.69
AIA 2.69
HSBC Premier 2.89
SBS Bank Special 2.99
The Co-operative Bank - Owner Occ 2.99
AIA 2.99
Westpac Special 2.99
ICBC 2.99
ASB Bank 2.99
China Construction Bank Special 2.99
BNZ - Classic 2.99
TSB Special 3.19
Kiwibank Special 3.19
Heartland Bank - Online 2.50
Resimac 3.39
Kiwibank 3.40
Kiwibank - Offset 3.40
Kiwibank Special 3.40
Bluestone 3.49
Select Home Loans 3.49
ICBC 3.69
Heartland 3.95
The Co-operative Bank - Owner Occ 4.40
The Co-operative Bank - Standard 4.40