Dispute over management funds

Heena asks:
(updated on Monday, July 29th 2019)

I am currently based outside New Zealand and my property manager has not been transferring rent into my account since I told him I will be moving to another property management company due to issues with their service. What are my options and chances to recover unpaid rent by property management company?


Our Experts Answer:

Your property manager may be holding onto some funds to pay outstanding invoices before completing a reconciliation of your account at end of management. I suggest you ask your property manager for a full reconciliation of outstanding rents and payments. If you don’t receive such an accounting, and you can work out the amount that you think the property manager owes you, an application to the Disputers Tribunal is a handy way of settling your dispute.

Select Home Loans 4.29
TSB Special 4.34
ICBC 4.39
HSBC Premier 4.39
Heartland Bank - Online 4.40
China Construction Bank Special 4.45
SBS Bank Special 4.55
Kainga Ora 4.57
Co-operative Bank - First Home Special 4.75
Kiwibank Special 4.85
AIA 4.85
Select Home Loans 4.86
Heartland Bank - Online 4.90
TSB Special 4.99
ICBC 5.09
HSBC Premier 5.15
SBS Bank Special 5.19
China Construction Bank Special 5.19
Kiwibank Special 5.19
AIA 5.35
Co-operative Bank - Owner Occ 5.35
First Credit Union Special 5.45
Select Home Loans 5.20
TSB Special 5.75
Kiwibank Special 5.79
HSBC Premier 5.89
ICBC 5.89
SBS Bank Special 5.95
BNZ - Classic 6.19
Resimac 6.33
China Construction Bank Special 6.35
Westpac Special 6.39
Kainga Ora 6.43
Select Home Loans 4.09
Heartland Bank - Online 4.10
Pepper Money 4.49
TSB Special 4.79
Liberty 4.84
Kiwibank Special 5.00
ICBC 5.25
Kainga Ora 5.43
China Construction Bank 5.50
Kiwibank 5.50
Kiwibank - Offset 5.50