Contact info for property management advice

Question from Rafika updated on 8th August 2007:

Hello we are in Australia, and have a property manager in Auckland. We are trying to get the exterior of the house painted, but are having a tough time. The property manager has advised the tenants that the house is going to be painted, and the painter has requested a set of keys to open closed windows. Is this something the property manager should organise with the painter? We are finding that we are getting too involved with the details of the job.

Our expert Jeff Montgomery responded:

This query relates to your contractual arrangement with the property manager. This is not covered by the Residential Tenancies Act or any Acts the Department of Building and Housing administers. For advice on this matter, you can contact the Real Estate Authority (REINZ), 0800 473 469, or the Independent Property Mangers Association (IPMA), 03 377 9254.

The Department of Building and Housing provides information and guidance on building law and compliance, services including weathertight homes, and advice for tenants and landlords.

Search the Ask an Expert archive

Browse all questions in the Ask An Expert Archive »

Site by PHP Developer