Can I get an insulation subsidy?

Question from John updated on 15th October 2009:

Is the latest National government insulation scheme available to landlords/investment properties?

Our expert Jeff Montgomery responded:

Yes, the Government regulation scheme is available to landlords. The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) provides information about energy efficiency. You can view information regarding the Government’s new insulation and clean heating programme that came into effect on 01 July 2009 on their website

The Energywise website also provides extensive information about energy efficiency. You can visit the Energywise website at You can also get answers to your queries about energy efficiency by calling 0800 388 588 or by emailing

The Smarter Homes website contains information about sustainable home design, building and lifestyle options. You’ll find advice there about making your property warmer, drier, healthier and kinder to the environment.

The Department of Building and Housing provides information and guidance on building law and compliance, services including weathertight homes, and advice for tenants and landlords.



Search the Ask an Expert archive

Browse all questions in the Ask An Expert Archive »

Site by PHP Developer