Builders risk insurance

Question from Danny updated on 19th June 2014:

Hi , I own a section in Christchurch (TC2) and I'm wanting to know if there are currently any insurance companies that do builders risk insurance. I'm looking to shift a house on to the empty section instead of building. Thanks.

Our expert Leanne MacKenzie responded:

Most insurers are now considering writing builders risk insurance in TC2 zones, although they still tend to look at each one on a case by case basis. It would be worth asking also if they will provide full house cover at the end of the project, when the builders risk insurance is no longer valid .

Leanne MacKenzie has over 25 years experience in the New Zealand personal property insurance industry. As personal lines manager for Crombie Lockwood she has been instrumental in introducing the important changes that have been made in the sector over the last 12 months. “Every property owner owes it to themselves, as a landlord and a homeowner, to understand the new regime.” Leanne is based in the company’s national office in Auckland.

Search the Ask an Expert archive

Browse all questions in the Ask An Expert Archive »

Site by PHP Developer